1.01.2015

Artist Statement

Artist Statement
I am a self portrait artist who creates conceptual mini stories through my photography. These stories allow the viewer to interpret each image as they see it.  I use several elements that are random, whimsical and open ended that are blended together to create a moment in the middle of a story. It's not the beginning and it's the end. Those are pieces the viewer can decide for themselves. I love the idea that my work is multi-faceted and I am setting a scene that allows a story to take place in the viewer's mind.


I am inspired by everything around me; a pathway, a unique looking tree, or a field of tall grass that calls for me to run through it. I am inspired by ordinary objects that I can incorporate in my images in fun new creative ways. I find inspiration everywhere I go and seek it out almost daily.


Using self portraiture allows me to be the characters I see in my vision. It gives me freedom to be myself and also expand on who I am in my images. It began as an easier means to my art, but has evolved into my inner narrator showing through in these mini stories.
 


0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP